Thursday, March 11, 2010

Nocturnal as usual

I can't remember the last time I had a good night's rest.  For the past couple of months, I've woken up in my piles of books, frantically searching for my glasses (praying that I didn't roll over them in my sleep) and highlighter/pen (praying that I'm not covered in ink blotches).  I'm not sure why I'm so busy.  I'm not super overwhelmed by extracurriculars.  I guess it's that perfectionist side of me.  Since I'm taking so many creative classes this semester (three to be exact, and I love them dearly), I spend a lot of time brainstorming.  And brainstorming leads to thinking....drooping eyelids...ahh, what a nice nap— gahhh where are my glasses?  What time is it????


Yeah.


And creativity takes a long time!  From brainstorming to committing to an idea and finally executing the project, there is very little room for error or backtracking.  I avoid procrastination as much as possible, but all-nighters are inevitable especially when you're working with X-acto knives and gouache.    


But I don't really mind staying up.  Everything is quieter, calmer.  That is, until my freak roommate decides to throw her sheets off, pop out of bed, and shuffle her way into the living room or bathroom.  Like my mom would say: "Scare the hell outta me!!"  


I'm staying up tonight to finish reading Willa Cather's "O Pioneers!" and a chapter for IML about the meaning of composition.  I can't stop thinking about all the projects I have to work on over spring break, but I'm also really excited to spend a week with my sister and mmmmmonkey (!) because we have the best time together.  I've been so lucky to hang out with her so much this semester already.  I can't wait for our misadventures!


P.S.  I'm hoping to work on my blog banner over my break so you don't have to look at all that heinous text anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2009-2013 DAPHNE HO