Saturday, May 1, 2010

i kinda like to draw and design. a lot.




Inspired by Rui Ricardo
Inspired by Juri Ueda

My design professor collected our sketchbooks to evaluate our progress over the semester.  I feel empty without it, and I won't get it back until next Friday.

Long ago, I wanted to be a Pixar animator.  I'm not saying that the dream is completely lost.  As a Creative Writing major and Communication Design minor (and involved with multimedia literacy courses), I think I have a lot to bring to the table.  And a contagious, stereotypical laugh of a 5 yr. old that Pixar won't be able to resist!

But a couple of years ago, I realized that I could make a career out of the cards and notes I draw/design for my family and friends.  I've seen job openings for a "Humor Editor" or "Greeting Card Designer" at American Greetings, and Hallmark offers a (highly competitive) paid internship in Kansas City (yay Midwest!).  I would even like to translate my designs into illustrated short stories and novels, tshirt designs, webcomics...anything and everything.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2009-2013 DAPHNE HO