Thursday, June 3, 2010

check.list

I survive on checklists.  There's nothing more satisfying than summing up a daunting task into a word or phrase and slicing your pen through it like Zorro after it's been completed.  Grocery lists, packing lists, homework lists, favorite song lists, the lists are endless.  I think that's why I've been feeling stuck in a rut lately.  There are so many things I want to do this summer, but it's all floating around in my head (a la Catface?) and then I get cloudy and confused.  So without further ado, here is my checklist for Thursday, June 3, 2010.

Accomplishments for 6/3/10:
-book airfare
-eat lunch
-shower
-finish transferring pictures and texts from my phone onto paper and the computer
-write one page of the Culture Night 2010 script
-rehydrate myself with water
-finish Matt's birthday gift
-crochet 2 roses
-eat dinner
-read one chapter of Tao Lin's "Eeeee Eee Eeee"
-brush my teeth
-doodle in my sketchbook

Accomplishments for Summer 2010 (first draft):
-move out of J485
-spend a day at Disneyland
-When at Disneyland, eat half a shrimp po'boy, fries, 2 beignets, a Mickey Mouse ice cream sandwich, a clam chowder bread bowl, a strawberry funnel cake, popcorn, and chicken nuggets.
-eat a Disneyland caramel apple
-cheer for Leslie at the top of my lungs at her graduation from Southwestern Law School
-visit family in Norcal
-eat until I am stuffed to the gills, drink, and be merry with said family
-befriend blue jays, deer, squirrels, a lizard, and nature in general at Yosemite National Park
-become obsessed with Catface
-in progress: cheer for Susur Lee in "Top Chef Masters"
-spend a day at the beach (hermit crabs in CA, Wilmette Beach in IL?)
-skype with friends near and far
-make business cards and tags
-craft up an inventory
-open my Etsy shop
-gather recipes and cook up a storm
-read at least five books
-finish the Culture Night 2010 script
-gather music, costume, set ideas for CN2010 (arrange TED perhapsss)
-film a stop-motion sequence
-draw.  a lot.
-write.  a lot.
-take pictures. a lot.
-burn DVDs of CN and Leslie's graduation
-upload The Superheroes performance
-sew up any random holes in my clothes
-sew the straps on tank tops that are too big so that they fit me
-reconnect with friends at home
-don't lose touch with friends at school
...to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2009-2013 DAPHNE HO