Tuesday, July 27, 2010

tuesday tell-all: restart

After months of dilly-dallying, I finally restarted my phone because it had corrupted audio files (a common problem with my phone apparently).  It was silly to use a phone that had no ringtone, but it took me a while to click the three-lettered word that would erase my pictures and texts from the past 2.5 years.  Last night at around 2 a.m., I committed to that "Yes" and said goodbye to a lot of memories.  Maybe I'm weird for being so attached to my text messages, but many of those brief sentences carry a lot of heart.  Those were the words that brought a smile to my face, reassured me that I had not lost touch with a friend, or simply amused me when I was bored.  I started to write down the really special ones in a notebook until I realized that some of these "special" texts were the ones that brought back hurtful memories of a time I had outgrown.  Sure it's nice to be nostalgic, but it was even nicer to clean my phone of corrupted audio files and corrupted memories.

1 comment:

© 2009-2013 DAPHNE HO