Monday, September 20, 2010

power up

Hello again, blogosphere!  What's new?

I don't know about you, but these days are going by too fast!  Can you believe it's already Sept. 20?  That's crazy talk!  I have my first midterm next Thursday...and my parents fly in that morning for Parents' Weekend.  That's crazy talk!

Since my last post, I've made a promise to myself to work harder in everything I'm doing.  I had been stressing about a few of my classes because I'm not really enjoying them, and I barely have time to finish the loads of homework they assign.  In other words, I was treating my education like a burden.  How much more selfish could I be?  My parents work their bones off so that I can attend the greatest university in the history of the universe (ever!), and here I am complaining about a boring lecture because I would rather be in my bed sleeping.  I'm not saying that I'm going to push myself beyond my limits (maybe), but I need to at least push myself to want something above satisfactory. 

This semester, everyday feels like crunch time.  I want to learn to embrace this fast-paced life of mine because it goes just as quickly as it comes.  I am involved in a lot of exciting things this year, and I don't want to let anyone down.  Especially myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2009-2013 DAPHNE HO