Tuesday, April 19, 2011

tuesday tell-all: when i grow up...

With my junior year coming to a close, I've been thinking about careers and other grown-up stuff.

Prompt via my roommate Lauren.

10 Things You Want/Wanted to be When You're Older

1.  Teacher (what little girl didn't play "school" with her friends....or with her stuffed animals...or with her imaginary friend(s)?  But seriously, based on my experiences in my Writer in the Community class, I think this occupation is still kind of something I'm aspiring to be.  Maybe not as a full-time schoolteacher, but at least like a writing instructor).
2.  Marine biologist (4th-6th grade when I was addicted to Animal Planet and Sea World)
3.  Singer (1st grade when I used to sing Leann Rimes' "How Do I Live" at the top of my lungs on my toy microphone)
4.  Greeting card/graphic designer (junior year of high school to present)
5.  Professional flutist (sophomore-senior year of high school....yeah, that didn't turn out like how I had imagined!)
6.  Artist (2nd-8th grade)
7.  Actress (2nd-4th grade I think)
8.  Pixar animator (5th-8th grade, but it's still a dream job I keep in the back of my mind)
9.  Literary and/or multimedia editor at a publishing agency
10.  Published author!  (present, potential genres: children's book, short fiction stories)

And one more because there are lots of things I want to do in this world:
11.  Be Tinkerbell at Disneyland or on Disney Cruises!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2009-2013 DAPHNE HO