Sunday, October 14, 2012

my first juice!

A couple months ago, my co-worker Kristine recommended I watch the documentary "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead." So one night, as I was eating lettuce wraps for dinner, I logged into Hulu and decided to give it a try. Then I couldn't stop talking about it! I told Leslie, Josh, and my mom (who ended up seeing it too).

I've never been a health nut, but I think it's important to take care of our bodies. Especially if it tastes good. So after giving my mom the Breville Juice Fountain Plus for her birthday (the same one that is used in the movie), I was able to buy one for myself too through the Amazon textbook buyback program...thank goodness Josh's books were worth 5 times more than mine. I used the juicer for the first time today and was amazed by how quiet it is. For some reason, I imagined it would be louder with all the pulverizing and such. But in fact, it's much quieter than our blender. I loaded it up with apples, celery, cucumber, and some homegrown pears from Mr. and Mrs. Wear's neighbor. Can't wait to use it again in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2009-2013 DAPHNE HO