Wednesday, February 23, 2011

11 days

I feel like all my friends and I are reaching mental breakdowns.  As I'm typing this, my friend and co-worker Jessie is slumped in her chair, desperately clinging on to every minute of sleep she can sneak in.  It's Culture Night season in addition to midterm season.

What is Culture Night, you may ask?  Well for the past three years, I have been heavily involved with USC Nikkei's annual Culture Night.  The show revolves around a skit and incorporates performance groups such as Kazan Taiko, KBD Hip Hop, and SoTrad.  I was involved with KBD freshman and sophomore year, but I just don't have time for it this year. 

CN is 11 days away.  More stress, less sleep (I woke up with bloodshot eyes yesterday uhhhh).  You may be worried about me and wonder if all this work is worth it.  For me, it's a big fat YES.  The adrenaline from the show and the energy from the audience are some of my college highlights.  Not to mention that this year's show is extra special because I wrote it!  The script has been cooking in my head since last May, and I am so excited to share it with my friends and the community.  If you're in the area, please stop by!  Here's a sneak peek.  More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2009-2013 DAPHNE HO