Thursday, May 19, 2011

breakfast bagel sandwich drool fest

Breakfast sandwiches are always easy and affordable to make.  Sure, I have the occasional Egg McMuffin from McDonald's (usually at the airport), but I always prefer making my own.  Breakfast sandwiches are perfect for any meal too.  I made four of them for lunch for Josh yesterday!  I dropped two off to him, and then he asked for two more.   That's how delicious these little babies are!

I only have pictures of the end results, but from now on, I'll take more recipe-friendly pictures.  However, this recipe is so easy that it hardly deserves to even be considered a recipe.

Ingredients:
2 eggs per sandwich
Bagels or English muffins (I used onion bagels for more flavor)
1 lb. Tillamook cheddar cheese
1 tomato
Deli turkey and ham
Tobasco sauce
Salt (I used Lawry's salt)
Pepper
Herbs like oregano and thyme (optional)

1.  Thinly slice the tomato.  Lightly season with herbs.
2.  Grate the cheese into thin slices.
3.  Lay the turkey and ham in a grill pan on low heat.
4.  Pop the bagel or English muffin in the toaster.
5.  Fry or scramble the eggs.  My secret ingredient: a couple dashes of Tobasco sauce brings out an extra kick in the eggs.  Add more herbs if you desire.
6.  When the bagel is done, immediately layer the meat, tomatoes, eggs, and cheese (I put them in that order so that the heat is evenly distributed throughout the sandwich to warm up the tomatoes and melt the cheese). 
Look at the cute melted cheese oozing from the top!

Of course, you can add more or less of whatever ingredient you like (bacon, mushrooms, spinach, sausage patty).

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2009-2013 DAPHNE HO