Saturday, June 11, 2011

wontons made with tons of love

 You may be thinking, Ok, Daphne, you go to all these yummy restaurants and torture me with pictures of amazing food.  You walk the walk, but can you talk the talk and cook delicious food too? 

You bet your bottom dollar!

With the help of my mom, I have been learning many family recipes!  I've made it my mission during this break at home to learn the secrets from my parents so I can make my favorite dishes on my own.

First on the list: Hong Kong style wontons!  My mom taught me two different ways to fold them.  I wouldn't mind folding them all day.  It was fun!

1.  In my opinion, the plain method.  This is how they fold them at Chinese restaurants.
2.  The cute method!  So plump!
Wonton party!!
We decided to keep it simple and just eat the wontons with broth.  No noodles this time.
I can't wait to make some for my friends when I return to L.A.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2009-2013 DAPHNE HO