Wednesday, October 26, 2011

taking over chicago with the TMB

Last Thursday, I departed with the Trojan Marching Band at 4 a.m. to invade Chicago and destroy notre dame.

It was amazing and exhausting, and I'm desperately trying to catch up with all my work.  On top of that, I'm also trying finish all my work for next week because Mommy and Daddy are arriving tomorrow morning for Parents Weekend!

(some pictures below were taken by me, others were taken by people in my section)

Excited for the trip at 4 a.m. without any sleep! 
My squad (minus Kevin) at The Bean! 
My buddy Jenay and grand-buddy Regina :)  
Section dinner at Lou Malnati's YAYYYYY!  They didn't accept reservations, but luckily we beat the crowds and scored a private room upstairs for two tables of flutes and one table for the tenors (approximately 50 people total).  My half of the table (pictured above) shared 3 appetizers (cheese garlic bread, stuffed spinach bread, and combination platter) and 2 large Chicago classic pizzas.  I also got a personal sized Lou.  We were starving from the plane ride and the sight-seeing immediately upon our arrival so we kind of over-ordered.  None of us touched the second large pizza, but we were all able to take a slice home.  We also couldn't resist a small cookie pizza topped with vanilla ice cream.

Afterwards, I took the junior flutes to the Signature Lounge on the 96th floor of the John Hancock Tower.  It is one of my favorite spots in the city, and again, our plans worked out flawlessly.

In honor of breast cancer awareness month, all of the buildings are illuminated in pink! 
 Lots of free time = lots of shopping (although the only things I bought on this trip were food)
I got to see my parents for a little bit after the rally on Friday at Navy Pier.  My mom gave me a bag of treats including two mini cakes!!

We performed another rally on Friday night at the Sheraton Hotel downtown.  Saturday was the game, and we returned Sunday afternoon.  Time to get back into work mode...

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2009-2013 DAPHNE HO