Monday, June 6, 2011

this is how my family does dim sum

 Chinatown is getting quite the makeover!  The sophisticated MingHin Cuisine feels a little out of place among the more traditional and cramped Chinese restaurants, but hey, I'm not complaining!
Along with classics like har gow (shrimp dumpling) and siu mai (pork and shrimp dumpling), my family goes a little overboard and orders a wide variety of dishes.
 Roast pork belly- SO GOOD and crispy!  The sugar on the side was unnecessary.
Shrimp dumpling with pea tip
Rice crepe with deep fried Chinese doughnut.  
It's basically like a piece of fried dough wrapped in a long noodle.  The more common version is the shrimp crepe pictured below.  Look at those jumbo shrimps!
Seasame pancake?  I'm not too sure what this was called, but it had a nice crunch on the outside with a sweet chewy texture inside.
Beef tripe with ginger and onion
Beef balls (I don't really care for them)
Chicken feet (again, I'll take a pass)
Pan fried pot sticker
Spare ribs
Stuffed bean curd skin with pork and shrimp
Baked creamy egg yolk bun (MMMMM)
Really full table with all of my favorites (not mentioned earlier: deep fried spring roll and deep fried pork dumpling!) 
Afterwards, we went down the square to the Saint Anna Bakery to pick up a couple Chestnut Cakes that I had been craving.
And finally, my favorite Mango and Watermelon boba from Joy Yee's!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2009-2013 DAPHNE HO