Friday, December 16, 2011

december happenings

The best time of the year is flying by too fast!  I flew home yesterday and got home around 9:30 P.M. after an unexpected two hour delay.  Although finals are over, this break will not be as lazy as some of my previous breaks because I need to get some major work done!!  I'll be conducting interviews with my parents for my IML thesis (more details about that soon) and completing the Nikkei CN script.  Just gotta stay motivated and focused even though all I really want to do is eat, sleep, and watch movies on our new 46" flat screen TV.

December has been filled with tons of great memories already, and I can't wait to see what the rest of this month has in store!


Band Banquet- we finally got our jock jackets!  They're embroidered with our names (mine just says my band name) and "Flutes" on the back.  It reminds me a lot of my high school letterman jacket except without the hood.
See?  Heehee old high school photo from our AP Macro field trip to the Chicago Board of Trade in front of a giant cube of money.
 Hello Kitty pajamas as a gift from my squad!
Dinner date at Lawry's in Beverly Hills was amazingggg.  Josh and I dressed up for the occasion (It gave me an excuse to wear my band banquet dress again).  The restaurant was decorated beautifully for Christmas, complete with carolers.  But of course it wouldn't be complete without a bagpiper in the lobby who was hired for a private party.  It was so random, hilarious, and LOUD and reminded me of this
Meatballs and chips in the lounge as we waited for our table, delicious warm and crusty sourdough bread, spinning salad, creamed corn, mashed potatoes, sizzling skillet of mushrooms, and the one and only beef bowl cut prime rib a.k.a. the largest cut on the menu (a double sized cut with the rib bone, as served to the Rose Bowl and Cotton Bowl teams.)  Our table definitely made some heads turn.
And today, I finally got to have brunch and exchange Christmas gifts with Sarah and Jennifer, my best friends since kindergarten :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2009-2013 DAPHNE HO